6.08.2012

Fly, fly, fly, iButterfly!

Kay. I know the title is cheesy, but there's a new wave of cool surprises that await iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad) and Android users in major SM malls nationwide. Check out the mechanics and participating SM malls HERE.

Thanks to a college batch mate, I was invited to the iButterfly launch in SM Megamall (there had been previous events prior, like in SM North but I wasn't able to attend). At first, I was really scared to go alone since I barely knew anyone who might come to the event. Good thing I saw Ate Krista, a course-mate from UPLB and a fellow blogger. She's the stylish brains behind Sentimental Style.

I got there at around 3:30, a little late, at least in my own mind. When I finally located where the SM Megamall Atrium was, there weren't many people at the event yet. It didn't start until about an hour after. Bloggers and other guests were offered milk tea from Cha Time (my fave!) and heavenly donuts from J.Co Donuts, just in time for my afternoon hunger. ;)

I'll just let the photos tell you what went down, yes?

 The decor was stunning. It's the first thing I noticed, walking into the event area.


Cha Time has got to be my favorite milk tea store in the world!


I died and went to doughnut heaven! Thanks, J. Co.!


Screw my diet! This is too damn good to pass up on! :P


The doughnut found a soul mate in this grass jelly milk tea.



The stage...


Funny how Ate Krista and I had the same nail polish color from The Face Shop and similar-looking shoes. 


Gulo lang ng hair ko, choz!


Tim Yap looked dashing!


With co-host Tessa Prieto-Valdez aka the Real Butterfly ;)


They developed this program from a GPS tracking system. How cool is that?



This little girl caught an iButterfly and won a pizza from Yellow Cab!


Ate Krista, trying her luck.


Bogart the Explorer and Petra Mahalimuyak, being their hilarious selves on stage.


Beautiful ladies and their daughters. That's Jenni Epperson holding the mic.


I won in the raffle! Yay! Thanks, Banco de Oro!


With Sea Princess, Tessa Prieto-Valdez! She looks soooo pretty in person! OMG.


With Tim Yap. He looks so well-put-together! Bongga!


With the comical Bogart the Explorer! Catch his antics on YouTube!


With YouTube sensation, Ashley Rivera aka Petra Mahalimuyak!


The butterflies have arrived! Catch them at all participating SM malls all over the Philippines! ;)


Haha! Still trying! 


Freebies and goodies! Love it! Thank you, SM!

How does the whole iButterfly thing work? Basically, you have to have a gadget that runs on either iOS or Android (unfortunately, I am a Blackberry user and my iPod touch is 1st gen, so I wasn't able to partcipate). Download the iButterfly app from their page (click HERE). Then, once you're inside the participating mall, connect to the internet (SM malls have WiFi connectivity, so that won't be a problem). Open the app and start searching for virtual butterflies. I promise, the hunt is so much fun! Once you've spotted butterflies that have the sponsor and partner establishments' logos on them, CATCH 'em! Click them to see what prizes and special discounts they have in store for you. Lastly, redeem your prize from iButterfly Redemption Booths inside the mall. It's that easy! (See my previous post for the complete mechanics.)


Love,
SGT <3

No comments:

Post a Comment