2.07.2012

Early Onset of Mid-Life Crisis

... aaand it seems like we've hit a mid-life crisis early on. I apologize for not being able to write much lately. I haven't been out much and being stuck at home, post-grad, is one of the worst and the best times of my life. I've been waiting for my job application to come through. My contract hasn't been assessed yet and I haven't heard from my future employers yet. So yes, I am here, faced with having to do absolutely nothing, one of the laziest phases of my entire life, and I can't seem to budge, if my life depended on it.

I am sorry for not being a lot of help lately in terms of keeping you guys posted on tips and tricks of living on a budget. There is one thing that is a sure-fire way to avoid spending though... Stay at home! Oh yes. If you have yet to land a job, are still in school, or just plain living with your folks, you can definitely help yourself to saving up and not splurging (and on occasion, perhaps freeload from your parents while you figure out your way through earning your own cash).

One of the hardest things about having nothing to do is keeping myself motivated to actually get things done. With so much time on my hands and with not a lot to do, it's actually pretty hard to even catch momentum. Keeping a blog up is not as easy as I thought (at least I never thought it was, but you get my point). So instead, I drown myself in downloading movies, watching them, reading Mythology books during bathroom breaks, snacking, regretting snacking, doing yoga, snacking some more, trying to push myself to write something, deciding not to write and just browse aimlessly instead, realizing it's already midnight, drinking chamomile tea, and doodling myself to sleep. It's the same routine every day and it's killing me.

Anywaaaay, I sincerely hope and pray that I get out of this slump, decide to do something worthwhile with my life, and actually be of service to the very small pool of people who are kind enough to read my blog. I'm looking forward to getting back that inspiration. Don't give up on me. Don't give up on She Goes Thrifty. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment