2.13.2012

Made for Moisture

The cold weather is here (quite late, no thanks to global warming!) and the cool breeze might just be our enemy. Dry skin is common this time o' the year, and nobody wants to step out looking like a piece of parched land, with cracks and all. That is why we all need to moisturize!

If there's one thing that I truly believe in when it comes to skin care, it's moisturizers. I have tried a few over the years but nothing has made me happier than the Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid. It's not exactly cheap (a bottle costs about $10, give or take) but it's definitely worth the splurge. Here's why:


  • It's light and non-greasy.
  • Doesn't clog my  pores
  • It has a milky texture that goes on like a dream when applied
  • Provides just the right amount of moisture
  • Ideal for my combination skin
  • (Plus) It helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
One bottle goes a loooong way!

Milky consistency. Goes on lightly.


I use it everyday after cleansing and toning my face; (on special days), right before priming it and applying foundation for when I put on makeup. I just squeeze out a pea-sized amount, rub it on my palms and gently massage it on to my face.

A runner-up is the Celeteque Facial Moisturizer. A 50 mL tube costs less than $4 in any drug store. This one was actually a gift for my mom and it came with a facial wash, a toner, and a travel kit. It has a clear, gel-like appearance but is actually very light and goes on smoothly upon application... very surprising indeed. It's actually great for oily and sensitive skin because:

  • It's water-based.
  • Oil-free
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Ideal for sensitive skin
  • Not scented
Don't let the small packaging fool you. It's got a lot of product!

I hope you can see the consistency. It's a bit runny compared to the Olay moisturizer.

Then, there's an off-beat contender in the horizon. It's the Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (for medium skin tones). It has more than just moisturizing powers. It can also help "tan" you up, so I suggest using this for when summer comes. I actually am not a big fan of this moisturizer because I feel that it has a goopy consistency to it and it tends to amplify the oiliness of my T-zone area (as if that's not problematic enough). However, it does give that "dewy" summer glow that is ideal at the beach. This is definitely not for everyday, normal use. This is also a gift from an aunt in the US.

If you're on the pale side and if you're looking for a more natural glow  (than the kind that bronzers give), this might be the moisturizer for you.

See? I'm on the fence about its consistency. Looks a little lumpy. I like my moisturizer smooth and creamy.
What's your favorite moisturizer?

Love,
SGT <3

No comments:

Post a Comment