With the weather going haywire lately, it's really tricky. Some parts of the day are sunny, while others have scattered rain showers or even heavy downpour at times. Nevertheless, sunblock is a must for us girls (and guys) who are always on the go. We do not only need protection from the sun alone but from electronic appliances as well; they also give off radiation that can potentially harm our health. So whether you're stepping out or staying in, it's still best to put on some sunblock to save your skin from damage.
For Asian skin, SPF 15 to SPF 24 is the minimum requirement that we should look for in terms of sunblock, that's according to the American Association of Dermatology. But sometimes, SPF 24 is not enough, especially for longer sun exposure, like when we hit the beach or spend a great deal of time walking or staying under the sun. We live in a tropical country, meaning, we are more prone to sun damage than others who live elsewhere. We need something with a higher range of protection against the 5 risks of sun exposure:
- Age Spots
- Skin Cancer
Good thing there's Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock Extreme 80. Here's why:
- For starters, it has a high sun protection factor (SPF 80).
- It protects skin against both UVA and UVB radiation (sunscreen only protects against UVA). Also, even if the weather is cloudy to overcast, UV rays are still present and can seep through the clouds. It's really best to use sunblock regardless of the coolness of the weather.
- It's water-resistant. Even if you swim or sweat, chances are, this sunblock will keep you protected for at least 8 hours. Re-application is necessary, of course.
- It's PABA-free (Para-Amino Benzoic Acid). It's a component in many sunblocks that cause allergic reactions. Dermplus assures you there's none in their line of products.
- It's dermatologist-tested.
- Its active components include: aloe vera, to soothe and cool sunburned skin; seaweed extract, to nourish skin damage from prolonged sun exposure and to moisturize and nourish skin so it stays healthy and young; and titanium dioxide, to block skin-damaging UVA and UVB rays, it is also ideal for people with sensitive skin and recommended for everyday use.
My take on the matter:
- It's a good investment. At about Php 349 (retail price for a 100 mL tube/bottle), you're buying your skin so much time and health in the long run.
- Stays on for a long time but isn't very heavy on the skin. It's just like putting on your regular lotion.
- Not greasy at all.
- Faint to negligible scent.
- Doesn't leave much of a white cast after blending well on to the skin.
- Doesn't patch after wearing it for hours on end.
- Doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts.
- Ideal for use from the neck down. I use a separate sunblock for the face kasi. ;)
- Widely available in groceries, Watson's branches, department stores, etc.
- It comes in a cute lime tube/bottle!
- There are other varieties available: SPF 24, SPF 35, SPF 35 Scented and SPF 35 for Kids
Thanks to Ms. Marifel Geronimo of JLC Miller & Co. for the gift pack! :)
They have other products available too!
Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock X80 when first applied and not completely blended:
When blended well:
Stay tuned for more features on some of Dermpharma's other products! :)
Whether you're an athlete or just another person on-the-run, protect your skin with Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock X80! It's your best weapon against the 5 risks of sun exposure, because you're not totally sun-protected until you're Dermplus-protected!
*This is a sponsored post.