5.07.2012

Go the Distance!

Why the title, you ask? Imagine driving for hours upon hours at the unholiest hours. Haha. Recently, we impulsively decided to take a trip to Zambales and Pangasinan over the weekend so we can finally break Macho, my car, to go past his 5000km mileage mark, and to make the most out of what's left of probably my last summer here in the Philippines. I drove about 5 to 6 hours to Zambales, then 2 more hours to Pangasinan. I ran on a bottle of energy drink, a grande cup of my favorite iced white chocolate mocha with double espresso shots from Starbucks, and lots of talk time with Carlo, Tita Lydia's son. 

When we got to Pangasinan, we rode a pump boat going to the Hundred Islands. We took shelter in Children's Island, but I eventually snoozed off for most of our day there at the beach. I read Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being while Thom Yorke and the smooth breeze lull me to sleep, making me surrender to exhaustion with no trace of apprehension. It was all too relaxing, so much so that I passed up on the chance to take a dip in the crystal clear water and let the sparkling white sand tickle my toes.

On our last day, we stopped by the mall-wide sale in SM Megamall with the sole intention of raiding the racks at Forever 21 (that's my reward for driving all weekend and for bringing them to the airport today).

Anyway, here's what went down. :)

Forgot where I got this dress, Vintage blazer, MSE wedges

I wish my legs can look this long and lean all the time! 
Carlo, Tita Lydia (Mom's good friend), Tita Dayan (my aunt), and me
The girlets of TEQ 287. :))
The entire cast and crew of Hundred Islands 2012!
That's the Elamparo clan. Even though we are technically strangers,
we feel far from estranged whenever we come by their house for a visit.
Just one of many magnificent "islands" in Hundred Islands, Pangasinan.
The sleepless beauty? Haha! Still all smiles!
Ultimate beach read of the month!
The view from our spot. Even through the foliage, the scenery is spectacular!
It's really more fun in the Philippines! And more magnificent too!
Tired feet, happy soul. Very much worth every step, especially if the view is
this beautiful.
Mom and Tita Dayan are taking in the view. 
Hands up for Pangasinan!
After numerous attempts, Mommy finally captured a jump shot!
Sparkling sea. Isn't it just breathtaking?
I super duper promise to get back to normal programming once I get rested and all set. I'm way behind my reviews and stories already! I apologize, truly. But I will try my best to make the next few posts very much worth the wait. 

Hope you're all enjoying your summer so far! :)

Love,
SGT <3


No comments:

Post a Comment