I'm a lip balm junkie. It all started in 6th grade. I started becoming conscious about how I look, and since we weren't allowed to wear makeup and I didn't know better, my lip balm obsession began at an early age. I have dry lips and I have this habit of licking my lips unconsciously. I've reviewed a couple of lip balms over the course of my blogging life and this is the latest of all my lippie hauls. This one is from a local brand called Nanny Rose. I'm not sure if they have a website or page, if you know how to find them or how we can link to their page, please comment on the box below. :)
Anyway, I came across this curious lippie one dull day at the department store. I'm not 100% sure but I think Nanny Rose can be mainly found in many Watson's outlets. This particular pot costs less than Php 80 and I vaguely remember getting it on sale.
Now on to the good stuff...
What I like about it:
- The lemon scent! I love anything that smells citrus-y and clean. Plus, not a lot of lippies have that particular flavor.
- It's affordable
- Locally-produced, home-made practically
- Has sunscreen (not specified how high the SPF is)
- Made of natural ingredients
- No harsh chemicals
- You get a lot of product in one pot
What I dislike about it:
- Not widely available (I checked in other Watsons branches, some do not carry all Nanny Rose products)
- Comes in a pot, application can be quite unsanitary (you will have to dip your fingers into the product)
- Doesn't really do much in terms of healing my chapped lips but it moisturizes just fine and keep dryness at bay
It's a fun little lippie. I just wish they carried their products on a larger scale or maybe sell online. I just chanced upon this lip balm. Also, they can improve the packaging. The box it came with was a little worn out. But all-in-all, this is a good in-between substitute. Still, nothing beats Blistex and Carmex in terms of addressing my chapped lips situation. I was particularly drawn to its lemon scent and flavor.