6.01.2012

Culinary Escapades: Aglio Olio with GG Flakes

When I'm not in front of the computer, writing or just randomly browsing, I'm either in front of the telly, watching a TV series I recently got hooked into, or I'm eating-slash-cooking-slash-eating some more. This is why my weight loss goals never progress, at least for now. But when I do cook, I try my best to come up with recipes that are not only healthy but are jam-packed with nutrients and of course, flavor as well!

My love for food started way, way back. But my mom always cooked. It wasn't until recently that I became quite conscious with what I eat (check out my previous post, My Sexy Revolution Starts Now). I love cooking for my family because well, they eat what I serve them and they seem to really like it! I'll be on my own pretty soon so it's practical and quite necessary for me to learn these kinds of things.

This goes without saying, but even in my cooking, I try to be as economical as possible. I believe that making do with what you have is pretty handy. I just don't get the splurge-all-the-time attitude, I find it wasteful. So, whenever I cook, I try to improvise and use whatever ingredients we have lying around at home (of course if I need something else, I'm gonna have to run to the grocery, but you get the point.)

Expect to see food stuff here on my blog every now and then. Check out my recipe of Aglio Olio with GG Flakes.

Ingredients:

  • About half a cup of Olive Oil
  • About 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • A medium-size chili, finely chopped
  • Galunggong flakes (My mom pre-made these, I used the left overs from the galunggong lumpia she made over the weekend)
For the Galunggong Flakes:
  • Cook the fish paksiw style (cook it in vinegar, onion, and ginger)
  • Corn (hand-pick into smaller portions and bits) the meat of the fish, let the flesh crumble, the bones will separate from the meat easily, according to my Mom.
  • Lightly saute it with chopped onions and chopped ginger
  • Sprinkle a small amount of Magic Sarap and toss it while sauteing
Process:
  • Boil water to cook spaghetti in, add a little oil and salt into the boiling pot of water first before putting in the pasta
  • Heat another pan for the sauce, prepare the ingredients
  • Pour in the olive oil into the pan. Let it warm up
  • Throw in the chopped garlic, let them brown for a while.
  • Incorporate the fish flakes and the chili.
  • Toss and let them all get to know each other a little better.
  • After about 8 minutes, your pasta should be ready (or until it's al dente)
  • Strain your pasta.
  • Serve the flakes and olive oil mixture on top of the pasta.
  • Toss and enjoy!
* You may add salt, depending on your taste preference. I like it a little bland because the fish already has enough flavor, but feel free to sprinkle a little salt on the pasta before you devour it. ;)


This is just my own formulation. Feel free to adjust anything to suit your own taste and preference. :)

Love,
SGT <3

2 comments:

  1. Gonna try this! Looks yummy!

    tinmricardo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead! Lemme know how it will go. Tweet me a photo of your own version of this recipe. ;)

      Delete