1.07.2013

This Just In!

Happy New Year, ladies and gents!

I'm a big believer in fresh starts, in second chances, in clean slates. Now that 2013 has kicked in, life for all us will start again and kick in full gear before we know it.

During New Year's Eve, I was so happy to be home. I haven't really felt home in a long time. Regardless of where I am during my business trips, or in the office, or at our house in Laguna, it's been a while since I last felt at peace. Ironic isn't it? Amidst the explosions and sparks everywhere in celebration of a chapter closing and another one coming in, I found myself in a good place, a place I felt estranged to in a while.

Starting the year right, that's what we always hear. 2012 has been very kind, and I did everything I could to return the favor. This year, I envision a bigger and better year for me, my family, and my friends. Things thus far may not have been peachy keen, but I'd like to think that these are just birthing pains for the new year. Things will get better in time.

Every time I feel anything but at my best, when life seems to be insufferable, coming home always helps.

We're pretty big on Sundays. Yesterday, we spent the day doing one of our rituals, hearing mass and having breakfast after. Since most of my clothes are in my apartment, I had to make do with what's left in my closet. Mind you, I do have quite the selection (despite my efforts to rid my life of clutter through closet sales on regular intervals). 

Anyway, here's my very first update for the year. Tell me what you think about this look. I've been getting cues and tips from my new favorite show, Pretty Little Liars, while incorporating my hipster sensibilities. Enjoy. :)

Dress: Forever 21
Pullover: Vintage
 Boots: Payless
Belt: Random
Necklace: Random


Hope you're having a great day! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment