1.10.2013

Striking Gold

Have you ever had a less-than-stellar couple of days and no matter what you do, you just can't seem to pull yourself up from that slump? I do. How do I deal with it? I wear something colorful or something sparkly.

Glitter is just too hard to resist, even past the holidays, because, well, it keeps me happy despite all the stress that's been clouding my luster lately. I need a pick-me-upper and sometimes dressing up really helps.

On this particular day, things have been anything but super. I've had this top for a couple of weeks now, but I haven't found the right moment to let it take center stage. Oh, and I forgot to mention that this top is ukay. Yup! I salvaged it from racks upon racks of seemingly forgotten vintage clothing. Don't worry, I wash my ukay clothes thoroughly and disinfect them. I suggest you do too! The skirt is from my forever favorite, Forever 21. Stick with me and you'll figure this out about me: I like mixing things up. For one, ukay and boutique brands. It's all in your head. You don't need to be decked out in label from head to toe, you just have to strut down the street like your path is ablaze. Own it, honey! 

I was wearing a necklace at one point, but I decided to take it off in the middle of the day. 

I just realized that this is my first "attempt-at-looking-corporate" shot for 2013... or wait, EVER! Really hope I can keep capturing regular outfit shots and ideas, and hopefully even squeeze in more reviews for who else, but for you guys! ;)

I'd like to thank my good friend, Rae, for being patient enough to take these pictures for me.






Top: Vintage
Skirt: Forever 21
Sling-back Pumps: People Are People


No comments:

Post a Comment