2.17.2013

Weekend Warriors: Comfort Zone

Hey, y'all! How's your weekend going so far? Mine's a little bittersweet. Today, my dad flew out to the States to get back to work after a 4-month hiatus here in the Philippines. Just when my mom celebrated her birthday (yes, today), my dad naman had to fly out. Also, I got unexpected news today from a friend. It really got me thinking more about maybe considering another path, about chasing down my dreams.

Despite all the bitter parts, I'm still glad I can smile. I was able to come to the UPLB Febfair (which I try to really go to every year, despite all the craziness in my life at the moment). I met old friends and rocked out to Malay and Pedicab. It was such a blissful state and I'm really happy I managed to make it, kahit na I was about to collapse from exhaustion. Super worth it. I slept for a solid 15 hours after that!

Oh, I can't even begin to tell you how crazy my week went! I was supposed to fly out to Manila on Wednesday morning from Isabela but our flight (the ONLY flight back) was cancelled. We had no other choice but to be rerouted to Tuguegarao. Imagine having to spend one more day in Tuguegarao with no extra set of clothes and having to cancel all your meetings because you won't make it back in time!

At the end of the day, I found my center again (I hope!), back to my comfort zone - in the midst of family and friends. That's where I feel recuperation from all the stress, the worries, and the fears. In their company, I feel like I can take on the world again.

Anyway, speaking of comfort zones, this outfit shot was taken last weekend in Tagaytay, during one of our random days out with mom and dad. We failed to make it to mass (we left home pretty late) so we grabbed breakfast at our usual place instead.

It was pretty chilly then so this ensemble fit the easy breezy weather then. Enjoy. :)


Meet my Mom and Dad! :)
We're the biggest goofballs around!
The beanie-wearing me is back!
Hello, old friend! This pair is actually about 6 years old now. Tibay ng Chucks!
They're the happiest parents I know. :)

Top: Random
Inner shirt: Random
Jeans: Random
Shoes: Converse
Beanie: from Baguio 


Oh, and we stopped by this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ukay place in Tagaytay! I got about 10 pcs. of stuff and spent only a little over Php 500! I can't believe it either! There are lots of branded stuff like Uniqlo, Zara, H&M (if you're a little brand-conscious). Good thing they were on sale when we came by. Definitely going back for more! You should check it out when you're in Tagaytay.

Coffee-lovers and actual lovers. ;)

Easy peasy. :3
Daddy's girl. Always have been.

Stay cool, kids. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment