3.24.2013

Hot Fuss: Barenaked Sugaring Salon

Barenakeeeed and I can't take iiiit!

If you're a 90's kid, you can probably recall Jennifer Love Hewitt chirping this song right here.

Anyway, last Sunday, I went to Barenaked Sugaring Salon in their 1-month old branch in Katipunan. Upon the invitation of Ms. Irene, I became ecstatic. It's been a while since I last featured an establishment and this is one place you shouldn't miss!

I have always been a believer in hygienic sugaring. However, due to a hectic schedule, I can't seem to find the time to squeeze in some much-needed pampering and/or beautification. Thank heavens, Barenaked came to my rescue! My eyebrows were in dire need of help. Just in time for all the upcoming events!

First off, let me tell you about Barenaked Sugaring Salon. They're not just your run-of-the-mill sugaring salon. They use imported sugar paste made of 100% natural sugar, cooked to perfection. Gone are the days when you get burns from attempts at do-it-yourself waxing/sugaring kits at home. Some things are better left done by experts.

Let's take a little tour around, shall we?

I love this light-up sign!


Zen interiors. Perfect for that pamper-me-mood.
Take a peek into the treatment room.
Check out these Vajazzle designs!

They have pretty reasonable prices for their services too!


























They use safe and sanitary methods for sugaring.


Just a few reminders.
Now, what did I think of the Barenaked experience?

1. The place was so clean and neat, I didn't have much time to worry about sanitation. It's important for a sugaring salon to have the utmost standards. They handle pretty sensitive treatments and clients must be able to trust that they will be in the best hands possible.

2.  The attendants were nice and accommodating. I felt at ease right away.

3. Pain level. I'm used to waxing, though a newbie to sugaring, so tolerance for pain isn't really much of a concern. However, if you're a sugaring/waxing newbie, you might want to take Mefenamic Acid at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.

4. My eyebrow shaping session was quick and straight-to-the-point. For busy girls like myself, the last thing I need is a two-hour wait for my turn at the salon. Even for a weekend visit like mine, I was happy to be attended to right away.

5. The sugar is natural. It didn't give my skin any allergic reaction at all.

6. I had to come back for more! Scheduled my next appointment next weekend. :)


Check out the transformation:


Before, with eyebrow powder

After, without eyebrow powder (yes, I have sparse eyebrows!)

After, this time with eyebrow powder (I used E.L.F. - review to be posted soon!)


It's almost bikini season! Time to go smooth and hair-free. Why don't you give Barenaked Sugaring Salon a try? ;)

Special thanks to Ms. Irene and to Ms. Tsin for having me!



1 comment:

  1. So happy you enjoyed the sweet experience :) Looking forward to having you again :) Stay sweet!

    ReplyDelete