I think primers in general are worth the extra step. If you're like me and you also hate having to touch-up during the day (except maybe for the inevitable powder retouch/blotting), primer might just be your saving grace. It not only preps your skin and acts as a base, it also serves as a barrier so your makeup won't seep through those precious pores. Best of all, it ensures the longevity of wear so you won't have to worry about looking like Joker with your makeup smeared and sliding off your face!
Primers are perfect to wear for long days, events, and for whenever you need your makeup to stay put.
Basically, it's a gel-type of formulation and it goes on with a bit of a powdery texture. The formula is similar to Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, only it is less powdery when blended than the latter. If you have an aversion or an allergy towards silicone, this might not be the best item to get for your makeup kit.
According to the website:
Time to see this baby!
|It has a spout which dispenses the product easily and without so much of a hassle.|
|A little goes a long way!|
I don't know if you can tell, but it gives off quite a bit of a matte and velvety texture when applied and blended well.
What I like:
- Affordable! A tube costs around Php 249.
- Readily available in Watsons or any department store near you.
- Very economical in use. I only use about a pea-sized amount and that is good for my entire face already.
- The packaging is cute, lightweight, not messy, and very practical to carry for travel.
- Keeps my makeup intact for long hours.
- Does not irritate my skin or break me out.
- The scent of the product is not too strong and off-putting; it goes away after a few seconds of application.
- Velvety texture after application. I feel like my face is a blank canvas that's ready to be painted.
What I dislike:
- Although the product label says it's a "pore eraser," I don't think it does much to minimize my pores, especially around my nose area where the pores are much more noticeable.
- Not friendly to all skin types. Some might break out from this product and some might be allergic.
- Oil control is not one of its most noticeable attributes.
Get it or Skip it?
- This product is good for when you're on a budget, because your Php 249 will go a long way with how much product you're getting in one tube.
- I don't necessarily think it's the best primer in the market, but it will do just fine. This would be a good buy for students or working girls who are only starting out with their love affair with makeup.
- I'm not going to repurchase after I've used my tube up. I'll have to check what else is out there and go back on the hunt for my holy grail primer.
- Not recommended for those who are allergic to silicone and for those who dislike the feeling of silicone on their skin.
- Might break you out.