Have you ever felt incomplete even with your makeup on? Some days, you just don't feel like whipping up a whole new look and have no time to doll up. So what's one quick way to add color onto your life? I say, blush!
This one from Ever Bilena fits the budget just right. At Php 99 (~$2), it gives a whole lot of product in one pot. I got one in Cinnamon. It's this smooth cross between cocoa and caramel with hints of golden tones that complement my skin tone well. I was never into red and bright pink blushes anyway. So this one just gives me that nice glow and pop of color that I like.
What I like about it:
- Widely available in the Philippines (check your local groceries and department stores)
- Many shades to choose from
- Suits Pinay skin well
- Has a subtle shimmer
- Not scented
- Very affordable
- You get a lot of product in one pot.
- Not too pigmented. You can easily adjust according to how much product you want on.
- Compact; fits into any compartment
- Doesn't irritate my skin. No break-outs either.
- Stays on for quite a long time. Doesn't rub off easily.
- Ever Bilena is a local brand (support local enterprise)
- Got it on sale!
What I dislike about it:
- Comes in a pot. Quite unhygienic to use. Disinfect your hands first before dipping your fingers into the container.
- Make sure to blend it well. You might end up with streaks of blush if not used sparingly and properly.
- No expiration date printed
- Not really a mousse blush. It's a lot more like cream, only not as soft.
Check out how it looks when I have it on:
Truth be told, I'm tired of using powder blushes as they rub off easily and wear off after a while. Cream blushes such as this one have about twice or thrice the staying power, though maybe not as much pigmentation as many of you would prefer (that can be a plus too, at least for me). Just a swipe or two of this baby and I'm good to go, even without lipstick on. It gives me just enough kick of color to fake a tan/blush and keep me from looking washed out and lifeless. On days when you just feel gray and colorless, try slapping on some blush and see how it instantly lifts up your aura and mood without even having to pop a happy pill. ;)
What blush are you currently using? Tell me all about it! :)