In this hot and humid weather, it's hard to stay matte and oil-free. There seems to be no escaping the curse of the oil! If you're like me who barely has the time to touch-up, especially when I'm on-the-go, you then ask yourself, how can I maintain looking fresh for the longest time possible? Easy. Just carry a small book of powdered blotting paper like this one I found called Lehcaresor Papier Poudre.
I used to carry a pack of oil-blotting paper but I always lose it or place it elsewhere. Eventually, I got tired of lugging a kawaii-designed pack. Unfortunately, I had to retouch every so often to get rid of the sheen on my face. :( I'm type of girl kasi who wants to do her makeup one time and let it be for the rest of the day. Not a big fan of regular touch-ups. Even if I use clarifying or oil-reducing products on my face prior to my makeup (and even oily skin-friendly makeup), I still can't just tell my face to shut its pores and oil glands up!
My problem area is my T-zone or my forehead and my nose, because I have combination skin. I now know how important blotting paper is for harabas girls like myself. ;)
This small packet of joy was spotted in the supermarket - of all places! I got it from Makati Supermart in Alabang. I also saw a similar one in PCX. Mom got one too.
I actually remembered this because when I was a kid, my mom always carried a pack in her kikay kit. I'm glad it's still around!
What I like about it:
- The price, duh. Mine's Php 76.95 while the one my Mom got was Php 73. Not bad, really. You get a booklet of about 100 sheets.
- It gets rid of the shine, pronto!
- Doesn't leave behind icky powdery evidence.
- Doesn't clog my pores.
- Slight powdery scent. I like that.
- Takes less than 10 seconds to pull, pat, and pretty up!
- Fits in my kikay kit or any other compartment in my purse/bag. Very compact.
- Ideal to use in formal parties and events (where you tend to bring a small purse or clutch) so you won't have to bring with you your entire powder pact and brush.
What I dislike about it:
- The availability. So far I've only seen it in Alabang Town Center. If you know where else this is in store, please feel free to comment below. :)
|This is originally from Great Britain.|
The Victorian lady must give it away! ;)
|The instructions on how to use.|
Oh, rip off a page!
|Small but terrible!|
|The face of every page. Looks like handmade paper.|
|The back of every page is where the blotting power is!|
It's powdered. It will automatically match your powder shade so you
won't have a white spot on your oily areas.
Warning: Oily face up ahead!
Warning: Dork face up ahead!
1. Pull out a sheet from the booklet.
2. Pat your oily and yucky worries away!
2.5 Make sure all bases are covered.
No more oil, yay!
AFTER THE AFTER PHOTO...
I know it's gross, sorry. But I had to post this for emphasis. :)
I say it's a must-have! I'm loving it so far!