7.19.2012

Books on a Budget 2

If you caught the earlier posts on this blog, you've probably read my other Books on a Budget entry. If not, you can check it out by clicking on the link above.

I'd like to think that I'm not only kuripot when it comes to clothes and other things, but on literature as well. I like new ones, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, I just can't help but gravitate towards Booksale and other second-hand book stores. There's something about vintage things that never fails to lure me in.

Just today, as I waited for my mom to alight the bus home, I decided to roam around and happened to pass by the local bookstore/department store. They have three racks of used books that they sold for less than Php 30 each (less than $1). I was supposed to get The Magician's Nephew, a part of the Chronicles of Narnia series, but I figured, I can come back for it another day. Check out my picks!

Oh, the Candy Friendship Bracelet Book was priced at Php 150. It was the last copy! I've been looking for this for months now! Call me lucky! Unfortunately, my wallet isn't. Haha!

Please pardon the low quality of the pictures. I took them with my phone.


1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte


2. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood


3. The Friendship Bracelet Book by Candy Mag

It comes with a free set of thread to start off your DIY adventure!
I'm looking forward to reading these books and trying out the crafty activities on the last book. I'm thinking of selling hand-made accessories soon. Who knows? Stay tuned! ;)

In other news, I'm officially UN-unemployed! I just signed with _______________ (you can just ask me personally or stalk me around on Facebook or on Twitter to find out!). I'll be starting on August 1. For some reason, I feel excited but scared at the same time! This will be my first job after college and I really hope to make a SPLASH! (hope you caught that! Heehee!)

Anyway, have a good last hurrah for this week. I still owe you a lot of reviews and outfit posts, but trust that I'm working on them as best as I possibly can! :)

Love,
SGT <3

No comments:

Post a Comment