11.22.2013

Epiphanies

It's a Friday and I can't help but share some of my mid-day musings. 

  • I want to do my own thing really soon. Being surrounded with all these inspiring individuals and characters is great and the learning is the best part, honestly! But I'm starting to find out for myself that sooner or later, I would have to strike out on my own and do something I'm completely obsessed and passionate about. I keep reading about entrepreneurs and inspirational personalities, how they started from nothing or from a completely different endeavor, and their journey towards what they're doing now - I can't help but want that journey for myself as well. It's highly idealistic, I know, but I think it would be the only way I can really feel at peace and content, at least career-wise. It pays to call something your own. Once you've created that something, it's out there in the world, it's a piece of you that you share with the Universe. I've been absorbing as much as I possibly can, but a girl can dream of someday building her own dream someday too, much like the CEO's and Founders of the multitudes of companies and empires, who all started with a vision and carried out their passion into execution, and eventually, success! 

  • My love for writing will remain forever intact. Okay, given, I may have regressed, I may not have grown much over the past couple of months, and I may not have enough time to do it, but it doesn't mean that I've given up on it completely. Whether or not my material (case in point: this blog) is appreciated, or even read, I will keep writing. I will keep telling the world the little stories and ask the questions that flow through my mind on a daily basis. 

  • Fashion and beauty is all about creativity and having fun! It's really about having a can-do attitude! Over the years, I have learned so much through self-education and getting inspiration from just about everywhere. I taught myself to put makeup on. I started at age 12 and I never really stopped. Thanks to my Mom, whose unending support (and good taste!) really helped boost my self-confidence and belief in myself. I'm not perfect. I have sporadic shopping episodes, and yes, while new purchases are exhilarating, for the most part, I only rely on my resources and come up with cute and creative ways to styling and mixing things up. One dress can make people think that you have tons of clothes in your closet, when really, all you did was change up your blazer or rock a different pair of shoes the next time you wear the dress. Just have fun with it. I rarely follow trends. Sure, I scour mood boards for inspiration, but at the end of the day, I'll pull out whatever makes me feel the best. 

  • Creative outlets are your best friend. Without so much of a "life," I'm sure I'd go insane. The corporate environment can get pretty intense. Whenever I get to write and post something, I'm reminded that the skies are not always gray. Happier days are ahead, and even though I'm having a bad day, just being able to make someone else smile, it makes the world a much happier place to be in.

  • Just because bad things happen, doesn't mean you're a bad person. Fate is unfair sometimes. We go through lots of difficult times, but these challenges shouldn't hold us back and bring us down. Nobody ever deserves misfortune and heartbreak. I believe in moving forward, having a good heart through it all, and believing that things will get better soon. 

There you go, some random thoughts on a Friday afternoon. Back to regular programming now. Watch out for product reviews, outfit posts (here on my blog), and a closet sale on my Instagram account: she_goesthrifty - proceeds of the sales will go to the affected areas and families of the storm surge, Yolanda.


No comments:

Post a Comment