12.21.2013

Sweater Weather

Since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Don't you just love the holidays? Christmas is my second favorite season (next to summer!) because everyone is just in a giving and cheerful mood. That, and it's the perfect time to take out our trusty sweaters from the deepest corners of our closet. Before you say anything, yes, it doesn't snow in Manila, but it gets a bit chilly around this time of the year and it's a great excuse to cozy up. ;)

My self-proclaimed hiatus has been going on for far too long and now I'm breaking my habit of taking blogging breaks that are too far apart!

Since the two weeks before Christmas are notorious for racking up parties left and right, the holiday rush and the traffic that ensues, I was lucky enough to be invited (still!) to my Mom's office Christmas party. Luckily, it rained quite a bit and I had the perfect excuse to wear this cozy top and my new floral boots out.

Sweaters aren't exactly the most flattering clothing items in the world. They're definitely the antithesis to any LBD, but now is the perfect opportunity to go for comfort and to rock the holiday spirit in style with a little dash of attitude.



I went for a monochromatic top and skirt combo. The floral boots were the twist to an otherwise blah outfit. Look closely, the sweater actually has gold sequins that add to the festive feel of the look. I decided to go minimal on accessories with just a gold watch and a gold ring (which I forgot to take a photo of!) and just let the key items stand out on their own.


Watch: Casio


Boots: SM Parisian
LOL moment! Out-take from the OOTD shoot.
As for the makeup, I went with a basic face, just some eyeliner, mascara, and eyebrow groomed in. I focused on the dark cherry lip, which seems to be a big trend this season. The shade I'm wearing here is Deepest Cherry from Maybelline. I also did some contouring on the cheeks, just to emphasize the focal point - the lip. On the way home, I saw Forever 21's billboard which features a model who was wearing the exact same look. Awesome!




Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Vintage

Give those sweaters some love! How will you rock them this season? :)
P.S. Check out my December beauty finds! Have you tried these products? Can't wait to rave about them!




No comments:

Post a Comment